October 2, 2010

Third time's the charm.

Hello hello hello.

The name's Jennie Jo, and I officially welcome you to my blog.  I initially wanted this to be a food blog, but I couldn't think of a name. Then, I wanted this to be a food AND music blog... but I couldn't think of a name. THEN, I realized I didn't want this to be restricted to any particular topic. So with my third brainstormed idea in mind (where else?) I finally found myself at this place, at this very moment, writing this entry.

Why "rule of thirds?" Well, I'd always been fascinated by this rule in photography.  It's not even a rule, really. It's more of a guideline. I'd always been fascinated by how such a simple rule could change the outcome of an image dramatically. Just one shift in composition, in your viewpoint, and the whole image changes just like that. I also like metaphors. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Plus...

Third attempts at something always seem to work for me. Or waiting three days before making a decision. Or trying (and failing at) something three times before confirming that it's not for me. (This is my third attempt at a blog, by the way. Let's see if I'm on to something.)

So, it's not just any rule of thirds. It's MY rule of thirds.

Welcome, welcome to my blog. Here's a chair for you to prop your feet up. Some oreos and milk? How about some Ruffles and french onion dip? Have an M&M or three. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment