October 3, 2010

Sweet dreams are made of these. Who am I to disagree?


Can you guess the ice cream flavor?  I'll give you a clue: Lacto-bacillus Shirota Strain.


If a certain 6-note jingle just played in your mind, you probably know what flavor this is.  Yep, it's our childhood favorite, Yakult! To be more specific, it's Frozen Yakult, or Fro-Ya, by Sebastian's.

Sebastian's Fro-Ya at P95 per scoop
After seeing the advertisement for this product online, I couldn't wait to get my hands (and tastebuds) on this delightful dessert.  When I finally got my own cone of Fro-Ya, I had very high expectations. The first lick immediately sent me right down memory lane.  (I don't know why, since I still drink Yakult quite often.) Maybe it was the combination of two childhood favorites. The first few licks made me feel all giddy.

My only problem was... well, you know how Yakult comes in small bottles, right? In one sitting, I usually drink 2 or 3 bottles at most -- all of which I can down in 1 or 2 minutes.  Ice cream takes much longer than that to eat.  Now imagine drinking Yakult for about 5 to 7 minutes (which is how long it took for me to finish my Fro-Ya.) It can be a bit hard on the throat. But that's just me.  If you like downing a whole pack of Yakult in one sitting, then you should be fine.

There's no other way to describe this. It's Yakult that's frozen. But as simple as that sounds, it was still a delight to eat.  It's very hard not to smile after the first lick (or bite, if that's the way you like it.)  

Sebastian's scooping stations are located at The Block,
SM North Edsa, SM Mall of Asia, Trinoma Mall,
Podium Mall, and Alabang Town Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment