July 4, 2011

Day 01: Your Favorite Song

 Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
 
Ahh my favorite song by my favorite Beatle. It's impossible to not smile when you hear this song. It paints a perfect picture of your first glimpse of the sun after a heavy rain or the warmth of its glow on your skin early in the morning. I don't remember when I first heard this song, but I do remember getting incredibly attached to it the same way I was and am still attached to B.J. Thomas' "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head." I apparently like songs that contain metaphors about nature.

"Here Comes the Sun" reminds me of that very brief moment when a smile turns into laughter. Or that moment you realize that that painstaking situation was actually a blessing in disguise. Or that feeling of warmth after watching Love Actually. ♥ That made you smile just now, didn't it? :)

"...and I say, it's all right."

2 comments: